• Master of Business Administration in Shipping and Logistics from Middlesex University, London.
• Bachelor of Art (Hons) in Economics from York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Diploma in Accountancy from Toronto School of Business, Canada
He has vast experience of over 25 years as board member and chairman in both public-listed companies and private limited companies which included Bursa Malaysia Berhad, KUB Malaysia Berhad, Perkasa Trading Sdn Bhd, Arus Sutera Sdn Bhd and Associated Concrete Products (Sabah) Sdn Bhd.
Datuk Faisyal has been the Chairman of Suria for the second time. His earlier appointment as Chairman of Suria Capital Holdings Berhad was from January 2013 until May 2018.
He also sits as board of trustee in Yayasan Bumiputera Sabah Berhad and as governor member in Yayasan Bursa Malaysia Berhad.
• Degree in Accounting and Finance from the University of Lancaster, United Kingdom
• Fellow member of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants, United Kingdom (ACCA)
• Chartered Accountant registered with the Malaysian Institute of Accountants
• Chartered Fellow (FCILT) of The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT)
Ng Kiat Min sits on the Board of subsidiary companies, namely Sabah Ports, SCHB Engineering, SP Marine Services, S.P. Satria, Borneo Waterways Explorer and Suria RE. She joined Suria in 2001, as Senior Manager (Corporate Development). During her tenure, she had been instrumental in securing the core business of Sabah Ports through the privatisation exercise. Upon the success of the privatisation, she was appointed as the General Manager (Corporate Services/Finance) for Sabah Ports. On 2 June 2010, she was appointed as the Chief Financial Officer of Suria before holding the post of Acting Group Chief Executive Officer of Suria on 29 July 2015. She is also the Managing Director of Sabah Ports since 22 July 2016 following her appointment as Group Managing Director.
In February 2020, she was conferred the prestigious Global Ports Forum Award in the category “Woman of The Year in Port/Terminal Industry” for her role, contributions and achievements in the industry. The award was accorded in recognition of the dynamic approach for efficiency and effectiveness in delivering value-added services to customers and for providing effective leadership in enhancing stakeholders’ value.
Kee Mustafa also sits on the Boards of Sabah Ports and Berjaya Land Berhad. He is the Chairman of the Board of Governors of University College Sabah Foundation since 1 August 2017.
He has over 40 years of extensive experience in the State’s Civil Service and the corporate sectors. He began his career in 1974 as an Executive Officer in the Service Division of the
Establishment Office, Chief Minister’s Department and later as the Principal Assistant Director, Service Division in June 1982. In 1984, he was seconded to Sabah Gas Sdn Bhd as Personnel Manager before being promoted as the Senior Manager (Administration).
In 1991, he returned to the State’s Civil Service and served several Government’s departments. In 1996, he became the Permanent Secretary of the State’s Ministry of Infrastructure Development. He was then appointed as the Director of State Public Service Department in March 2000 before holding the post as Sabah State Secretary from April 2000 until he retired in 2007.
Kee Mustafa once sat on the Board of Malaysia Airlines System Berhad from 2000 to 2003. He was also a member of the Royal Commission of Inquiry on Immigrants in Sabah from 2012 to 2014.
• Fellow member of the United Kingdom Association of Charted Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Fellow member of Australian Certified Practising Accountants (CPA)
• Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants and the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia
Michael Tong Yin Shiew was conferred the Justice of the Peace by the State Governor of Sabah.
He is a senior partner of Crowe Malaysia PLT, Kota Kinabalu and a partner in Crowe Labuan LLP. He commenced public practice as a chartered accountant in Kota Kinabalu and has 40 years of experience in corporate finance, auditing & assurance services (which include forensic, investigative and statutory), accounting, taxation, insolvency and consultancy which include due diligence, valuation of corporation and corporate restructuring. He is a senior accountant and financial consultant to the business communities and had served as financial advisors, treasurers and auditors to the non-governmental organizations, churches and charity bodies.
• Degree in Laws from Holborn College, London
• Professional Qualification in Banking from Institut Bank-Bank Malaysia
Ahmad Rizal is the Chief Executive Officer of Qhazanah Sabah Sdn Bhd (QSSB ; formerly known as Warisan Harta Sabah Sdn Bhd) since 1st October 2019. He also sits in a number of QSSB’s subsidiary and associate companies. Prior to his appointment as the Chief Executive Officer of QSSB, he was the Head of Projects and Business Development of QSSB.
He began his career as an Operation Executive with Malayan Banking Berhad in November 1996 before being assigned to Commercial and Corporate Banking in May 1997. Thereafter, he took the role of Senior Executive and rose to become the Manager. Subsequently, in January 2011, he became the Associate Director heading the Regional Corporate Banking for Sabah and Federal Territory of Labuan. He was responsible for growing the business for the banking group which consists of an extensive array of specialities in corporate and project financing mainly for government-linked companies and listed companies. He has wide experience and expertise dealing with various industries such as property development, infrastructure, vessel and shipping, oil and gas, trading and investment holding”.
• Master in Science from The Robert Gordon University, Scotland, United Kingdom
• Degree in History from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
Puan Norlija is also the Deputy Permanent Secretary (Development) of the Ministry of Finance, Sabah. She has over 29 years of experience as a public service officer in various state ministries and departments.
She began her career in 1991 as Executive Officer in the State Ministry of Local Government and Housing. After 3 years of service, she was transferred to the State Public Service Department. In 1998, she was assigned to the State Chief Minister’s Department and later to the State Ministry of Infrastructure Development in 2002.
She had served briefly in the Sabah State Islamic Affairs Department (JHEAINS) in 2006. In 2007, she was attached to the State Railway Department as Administrative Officer until 2011 when she returned to the State Ministry of Infrastructure Development where she served until August 2020.
He is currently the Chairman of Qhazanah Sabah Sdn Bhd (QSSB ; formerly known as Warisan Harta Sabah Sdn Bhd), a majority shareholder which holds 45.40% of shareholdings in Suria Capital Holdings Berhad. Prior to his chairmanship in QSSB, he had served as the Federal Minister of Information and Communications from 29 July 2015 until 10 May 2018. He is also a member of the Sabah State Legislative Assembly for Usukan, Kota Belud.
He began his career in public service in 1984 as Kota Belud District Officer before his involvement in politics. He is actively participating in political organisation and currently a member of the United Malay National Organisation (UMNO). He had been elected as a member of UMNO Supreme Council, UMNO Treasurer, UMNO Sabah Chairman, UMNO Sabah Deputy Chairman and UMNO Chief for Kota Belud.
He also occupied positions in non-governmental organisations such as Vice President of Malaysian Youth Council, Deputy President of SANYA, President of Bajau Cultural Organisation and Chairman of National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (FINAS).
• Bachelor of Business degree in Accounting from University of Tasmania, Australia
• Bachelor of Laws degree from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia
• Fellow of CPA Australia
• Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants
• Certified Financial Planner with the Financial Planning Association of Malaysia
• Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from International Islamic University, Malaysia
• Executive Master Degree in Business Administration from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
Azman Amarasikin joined the Group on 1 April 2007 as a Senior Manager in Suria Bumiria Sdn Bhd before he became the General Manager in January 2012. He served S.P. Setia Berhad from 1997 to 2006 prior to joining the Group.
• Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness from UPM, Serdang
• Masters of Business Administration in Shipping & Logistics from Middlesex University Business School, London
• Chartered Member in Logistics and Transport (CILTM) since 2015
Captain Hafidzi was formerly the General Manager of Container Business for Penang Port Sdn Bhd and has 26 years of experience in marine services and container operations and has held leadership roles.
He started his career as a seafarer with MISC Bhd after completing his cadetship in 1991. He held various on board positions before joining Penang Port as a marine pilot.
At Penang Port, he predominantly served and managed the container operations division whereby he was accountable for the container business growth, developing the division’s infrastructure and superstructure as well as maintaining stakeholder relationship.
• Advanced Diploma in Logistics & Transports (UK)
• Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT)
Before assuming her current position, Lai Fui Nar was the Deputy General Manager (Process Improvement) from June 2018 to March 2019. She was the Senior Manager of
Sapangar Bay Container Port from January 2013 to May 2018. Prior to this, she held the position of Senior Manager (System & Planning). She had worked for Sabah Ports
Authority as the Assistant Work Study Officer in 1979 and was later promoted as Work Study Officer. She is an alumni member of The Asian Institute of Management (AIM), Manila, Philippines.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Accounting (Hons.) from the University of Humberside and Lincolnshire, England
• Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) from the Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) International
• Enterprise Risk Manager (ERP) certification from the Institute of Enterpise Risk Practicioner (IERP)
Asmah has more than 20 years of experience in the field of audit, risk management and policy development through her career in the insurance and banking sectors and a regulatory body – Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority. Prior to joining Suria, she was a Senior Manager in Lembaga Tabung Haji.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting (Hons.) from International Islamic University, Malaysia
• Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants
• Practicing Secretary Certificate from the Companies Commission of Malaysia
Hikmah Rahmaniyah joined Suria as the Manager of Finance, mainly in charge of the Group’s financial reporting, and was promoted to Senior Manager on 1 October 2016. On 19 December 2018, she was appointed as Joint Group Company Secretary and later as the Group Company Secretary and later as the Group Company Secretary on 16 May 2019.
She started her career with Coopers & Lybrand/ PriceWaterhouseCoopers, a public accounting firm in year 1997. In 2000, she joined Bank Pembangunan & Infrastruktur (M) Bhd/SME Bank where she served until 2007, prior to joining Suria.
Datin Mariam joined Suria as the Manager of Corporate Affairs Department and was promoted as Senior Manager of Corporate Affairs and Communications in 2008. Prior to joining Suria, she had worked with Sabah Development Bank Berhad and the State’s Civil Service. She started her working career in 1984 with the Sabah Institute of Administration and Research (SINAR) and thereafter with
the Human Resource Development Bureau, both under the Chief Minister’s Department.
• Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Town Planning from University of Wales, Institute of Science and Technology (UWIST), Wales, United Kingdom
• Master of Science in Town Planning from University of Wales College of Cardiff (UWCC), Wales, United Kingdom
Patsy has been with SuriaGroup following the privatisation of Sabah Ports Sdn Bhd (SPSB) on 1 September 2004. Prior to joining SuriaGroup, she was with Sabah Ports Authority for more than 14 years as Administrative Officer.
Patsy started her career in SuriaGroup as Assistant Manager (Marketing & Business Relations) in the Marketing Department in SPSB and as Assistant Manager (Welfare) in the HR Department before being promoted as Manager (Human Resource) of SPSB on 1 January 2012. Upon the formation of Group People Department, she was in charge of the People Management Unit dealing with manpower planning, industrial relations, compensation and benefit. On 1 July 2020, she was appointed as Head of Group People Department.
She is currently a member of the Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management, a Panel for SOCSO Appellate Committee appointed by the Ministry of Human Resource and a member of Establishment Committee of KKIP Sdn Bhd.
• Degree in Business Administration from Open University Malaysia (OUM)
• Enterprise-Wide Risk Manager (CERM) certification from Asia Risk Management Institute (ARiMI)
Daniel has more than 29 years of combined experience in the field of Internal Audit and Risk Management.
Prior to joining Suria, Daniel had served Sabah Ports Authority for 20 years. Following the privatisation of the port operation in 2004, he opted to join Suria as an Internal Audit Executive until January 2008. In February 2008, he was transferred to the Group Risk Management where he served until May 2018.
• Bachelor of Science degree from Monash University, Australia
• Master of Business degree from Monash University, Australia
Soh Wan Ru joined Suria on 1 August 2012 as Senior Executive in the Chief Financial Officer’s office and was subsequently promoted as the Executive Assistant to the Group Managing Director.
She worked briefly for Monash Asia-Pacific Centre of Science and Wealth Creation in Melbourne, Australia on a commercialisation project before returning to Sabah in 2009. She joined YSG Biotech Sdn Bhd under the Sabah Foundation Group as the Senior Research/Business Development Officer for 3 years prior to joining Suria.
SBCP was recognized for the numerous green initiatives taken such as the installation of electrical Rubber Tyred Gantry Cranes, usage of LED lighting and implementation of the
Autostore Terminal Operating System which minimizes paper consumption. The APSN council further noted SBCP’s active engagement in ecological conservation through projects such as seagrass transplanting, mangrove restoration and rehabilitation projects across the port locality.