SuriaGroup is committed to the values of transparency, integrity, impartiality and accountability in the conduct of its business and operations. This policy demonstrates SuriaGroup’s commitment to the highest legal and ethical standards. We integrate the policy into our practices and culture to deter fraud, corruption and mismanagement.
PURPOSE OF POLICY
SuriaGroup’s whistleblowing policy is intended to provide an avenue for all employees of SuriaGroup and members of the public to raise their concern of any wrongful or improper conduct by any persons in the undertaking of SuriaGroup’s business and operations.
A disclosure may be made concerning but not limited to any of the followings:
- Financial malpractice, impropriety, corruption or fraud;
- Criminal offence;
- Failure to comply with laws and regulations;
- Misuse of SuriaGroup’s funds or assets;
- Improper or unethical conduct or behavior;
- Sexual harassment;
- Non-compliance with SuriaGroup’s policies and procedures or any other terms and conditions for employment issued from time to time for the employees and Board Members of SuriaGroup;
- An act or omission which creates substantial or specific danger to the lives, health and safety of other employees or the public or damage to the environment;
- Knowingly directing or advising a person to commit any of the above wrongdoings; and
- Attempts to cover-up any of the above matters.
Any person who wishes to report any wrongful act is encouraged to write to the Prescribed Officer (SuriaGroup Integrity Officer) by providing the following information:
- The specific concern or the nature of the alleged wrongdoing;
- The reason(s) for the concerns;
- The background or details of the wrongdoing, including relevant date(s), time, place of occurrence and the identity of the alleged wrongdoer(s);
- Particulars of witnesses, if any; and
- Production of documentary evidence, if any.
* The Whistleblower may be asked to provide further clarifications and information.
HOW TO MAKE A DISCLOSURE?
Whistleblowers can make the disclosure in writing, via face-to-face meeting or online reporting at www.suriagroup.com.my (see Whistleblower Report Online Form at the end of this page).
Any verbal disclosure shall be recorded and confirmed by the whistleblower on a written statement. All written copies shall be kept by the Prescribed Officer in the strictest confidence.
For further enquiries on the whistleblowing policy, kindly contact the Prescribed Officer:
Asmah Mohd Nor
Group Risk & Integrity Department
Tel : 088-257788 (ext. 118)
E-mail : email@example.com